|Want to post a help wanted here? Here's
information how. What does it often take to get
a games job? Read background for information.
Please remove the FILTER from the email addresses below when
responding. These are used to help prevent web bots from
spamming these individuals.|
- 2000-10-31 - 3-DD Digital Media - Posted by: application@FILTER.discreetmonsters.com
- 3-DD Digital Media AG is a strongly expanding media and technology company with visionary aims and ambitious plans. 3-DD develops and plans digital entertainment in the form of computer games, digital TV, film, music, E- and M- Commerce and develops own technology platforms for offline, online and wireless.
The company which is located in Munich and was founded in 1994, started out as a highly qualified multimedia and Internet service enterprise and is now developing, producing and marketing products for the international market.
Now we are looking for a Game Boy Color Engineer:
Your major tasks:
* Programming, preferably also Design of Games for Game Boy Color
Your qualification & skills:
* Programming experience of C and ASM- Z80
* Ability to program within the confines of a fixed hardware platform
* Programming experience of Win 32
* Previous games experience with completed titles
* Self-motivated and a team player
Please indicate how you came across discreet monsters and send your résumé together with an accompanying software demonstration of ability- and salary requirements to:
- 2000-09-26 - Neuroplanet - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- We are looking for GB/GBC asm/C programmer, some experiences in game developing would be a plus Société: Neuroplanet (www.neuroplanet.com), Poste base at Angoulemes (Dept. 16)(near Bordeaux), Work as: Programmer Gameboy/Gameboy color (in house), Type of contract : Contrat Durée Indeterminée (CDI), Salary / year (without tax) : 180 000 FFs (180kf), send your CV in .RTF or .DOC (Word6 max). If you already have any work/demo on a web page, please provide your url.
- 2000-09-08 - Vicarious Visions - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Game Boy Advance developers wanted:
If you’re looking to become a part of a fast paced, growing game development company, then Vicarious Visions may be the place for you. We’re located in Troy, NY- just outside Albany, and not too far of a drive from NYC, Boston and Montreal. Vicarious Visions is unique in that we focus on being the best in a variety of platforms including IBM PC, PlayStation, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and Next Generation. We have been honored at the Independent Games Festival in 1999 with the Best Programming Award, and the Best Audio Award, for Terminus, recently released. Vicarious Visions is also the 2000 recipient of the Most Innovative and Unique Company award from the NY Capital Regions’ Software Alliance. We are committed to making Vicarious Visions a great place to work. We offer a competitive compensation package, including stock options. Our employees enjoy benefits such as full medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, free games, free parking and a company matched IRA. We’re looking for experienced programmers with the desire to develop games for Nintendo’s next-generation handheld. Applicants should have extensive knowledge of high-level data structures with ability to implement speed-critical routines at the assembly code level. Game programming experience is desired. Applicants should submit their resume and any demos to jobs@FILTER.vvisions.com. Please include a cover letter stating how you learned about us. For more information about Vicarious Visions, please visit our web site at www.vvisions.com
- 2000-09-01 - Graphic State - Posted by: Richard Whittall
- Do you want to create great games and make your ideas count?
Graphic State is a fast growing development company, specialising in handhelds and Internet/Wap. To ensure our continued growth, we need:
* Head Programmer - Working on Gameboy Advance/Color projects. You would need at least 2 published titles as well as good communication skills and a drive to develop great games. In return we offer good rates of pay, royalties and bonuses plus other benefits.
* Gameboy Advanced/Color Programmers - To work on exciting, original projects. Previous Gameboy experience a necessity as well as a passion for games. We offer good rates of pay, royalties and bonuses, as well as other benefits such as company healthcare.
* Gameboy Advanced/Color Artist - Working on a number of different Gameboy projects, you should be skilled in 2d sprite creation as well as background tile-sets and front-end graphics – all within limited colour palettes. Previous Gameboy experience a benefit but not essential. We offer good rates of pay and bonuses, as well as other benefits such as company healthcare.
We are looking for dedicated people who are into games and enjoy being part of a successful team. To apply please send a CV along with recent examples of your work to Claire@FILTER.graphic-state.com.
- 2000-08-21 - Warthog PLC - Posted by: Tim Coupe
- Warthog are looking for the following candidates for immediate start on GB Advance and GB Color projects.
* Z80, ARM, C Programmers - Previous experience not essential, but preferable.
* 2D Pixel Artists - Must be able to show strong examples of work.
* Designers - Experience essential.
* Producers - Experience essential.
Salaries negotiable depending upon experience. Company package includes Health Care, Company Pension Scheme, Death in Service Benefit.
We are based in Manchester UK, although freelance work may be agreed.
Please mail all correspondence to: tim.coupe@FILTER.warthog.co.uk
Please note that ALL enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- 2000-07-18 - Denki - Posted by: Aaron Puzey
- Denki is a fresh team of industry veterans, all ex-DMA Design (Lemmings, Uniracers, GTA), with a focus on digital toys and games for all handheld systems. Denki is currently working on Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Color and is in search of suitable coders.
You can find out more about Denki at http://www.denki.co.uk.
- 2000-04-05 - Full Fat - Posted by: Paul Adams
- FULL FAT (UK) are Hiring!
Full Fat are now expanding there existing UK operation of Handheld and Console development, and as such have immediate in-house positions for the very best individuals.
Over the last 4 years we have shown why we are QUALITY in Games working on titles such as: Toca 2, V-Rally, Glover, LEGO Loco, Art Attack, ACM 1918 and Carmageddon to name a few.............
Having already worked on over 10 (undisclosed) Gameboy Color titles it's easy to see why we are in demand!
Artists - You must be able to pixelate with your eyes closed.
Programmers - You must breath Assembler, C or C++.
Designers - Proven Track record is a must!
Please email your resume or examples of your work to: mailto:paul@FILTER.full-fat.com
ALL enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Full Fat - "Gaming Technology with Style"
- 2000-04-02 - Apple Pie Studios - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- IRELAND! Not yet established Irish Games Development House is seeking highly motivated and experienced individuals as senior founding members.
Our goal will be principally to develop titles for the handheld game systems, with expansion to all platforms as our long-term aim.
Graphic Artist: Will have 2D and 3D skills with extensive industry experience and above all, must be extremely talented and adaptable and have a passion for computer games.
Software Engineer: This individual will have a solid track record in the Games Industry, with one or more titles to his credit. Skills will span multiple systems with C/C++ and assembly language experience. Knowledge of 3D programming will be a great advantage.
These individuals will be the core members of the company and as such, will be directly responsible for the company's success. Apart from their development expertise, they should have good communication and management skills with the ability to deal with budgets, schedules and pressure.
If you are seriously interested in working like a dog and feel you have what it takes to be a company leader then why not send an email to applepie_studios@FILTER.hotmail.com giving details of your wonderful past.
- 2000-03-14 - Eurocom Entertaiment Software - Posted by: Mat Sneap
- Eurocom Entertainment Software require the following to work in-house on high profile ColorGB, AGB titles.
* z80 experienced programmers for colorGB work, preferably with completed titles on their resume but we will consider people with strong demo background.
* C/ARM assembly programmers for AGB work, previous games experience preferred.
* Pixel artists, please send example work showing dithering/aliasing techniques/use of limited palettes.
We are based in Derby, England...2hrs north of London and within good commuting distance of Nottingham,Sheffield and Birmingham. If you are interested please email applications with example work to mats@FILTER.eurodltd.co.uk No agencies please.
- 2000-03-12 - TagMonkeys Development Studio UK - Posted by: Simon
- New Graphics Studio set up for Gameboy, Colour Gameboy and Gameboy Advance development.
Experienced Gameboy and Colour Gamboy Artists wanted. UK Residents preferred, but not compulsory. CV and examples of work to be sent to simon@FILTER.tagmonkeys.freeserve.co.uk.
- 2000-02-27 - Climax Group - Posted by: personnel@FILTER.climax.co.uk
- Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advanced Coders and Artists required.
Over the last year Climax has enjoyed a period of unprecedented growth, and we are currently in the process of expanding our handheld department. It is our aim to become the biggest handheld game developer in Europe.
To this end we are looking for experienced coders and artists to work both in-house and freelance for current and forthcoming projects.
We have excellent ongoing relationships with several major publishers including Konami, Lego Media and 3DO, and can offer a unique and friendly working environment, as well as generous salaries and royalty packages.
If you wish to join a team of successful individuals who are passionate about producing quality games please submit your resume and work samples to personnel@FILTER.climax.co.uk
Alternatively send your details to:
Human Resources Climax Group Fareham Heights Standard Way Fareham PO16 8XT UK
Or check out our website: http://www.climax.co.uk
- 2000-02-27 - Handheld Games - Posted by: Thomas Fessler
- Handheld Games LLC is looking to expand our development teams working on hand held Game Platforms including Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance and Neo Geo Pocket Color. If you are tired of a long commute, unnecessary inter-office politics, and attending meetings about what your next meeting will be about - then working with Handheld Games may be right for you.
We believe that by harnesing the power of internet technologies, such as email and video conferencing, teams of professional self-motivated individuals can work from the relaxing environment of their own home rather than being crammed into a small room with a bunch of other people for days at a time.
We currently have openings for the following positions:
* Full-Time Contractor Positions Available for: (We are freelancer friendly!)
* Software Engineers
* Game Designers
* Background Artists
* 2D Animators
* 3D Animators
If you are Serious about expanding your lifestyle and royalty earning potential, please send feel free to drop Thomas Fessler at thomas@FILTER.handheldgames.com an email to discuss your potential. For More information visit our website at http://www.handheldgames.com.
- 2000-02-27 - Hyperspace Cowgirls - Posted by: Peter Petralia
- Hyperspace Cowgirls is looking to establish a new development team working on Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance.
We are seeking professional self-motivated individuals who are interested in working with an exciting, award winning girls game developer. Publishers we partner with include Acclaim, IBM, Cablevision, and others.
All positions are freelance contract positions starting immediately. We do not require work to be done on our premises if you prefer to work at home. We currently have openings for the following contract positions on a per project basis:
* Experienced Gameboy Programmers
* Experienced Gameboy Artists
Please send resumes to: Peter Petralia at peterp@FILTER.hygirls.com, please note which position you are interested in the subject line of your email.
- 2000-02-27 - Sandbox Studios - Posted by: Jobs@FILTER.sandboxstudios.com
- Location : London, Ontario Canada
Job Type : Full-Time
Pay rate : Open, depending on experience
Start Date : Immediately - we pay for relocations
Sandbox Studios Canada is growing in a big way! Our development teams are working on all consoles systems including Color Game Boy and Game Boy Advance. We are searching for 9 more experienced Game Boy programmers and 4 experienced artists. We also have positions available for all console systems.
Our console development studio is located in Ontario Canada and life is nice there. We will pay for relocations. We have openings for remote people depending on experience and track record.
Sandbox is working on titles with licenses only. We develop titles for most major publishers including Activision, GT Interactive, Mattel, Vatical and others.
We currently have openings for experienced talent in the following areas:
* Software Engineers (for Game Boy and all consoles)
* 2D Artists and Traditional Animators. Photoshop experience a must.
* 3D Modelers and Animators. Max experience a must.
Top compensation packages for the right people. Additional perks based on royalty revenues. Prior games experience a big plus.
Email a bio/resume to jobs@FILTER.gameboydev.com or jobs@FILTER.sandboxstudios.com. Include URL if necessary to download demos. All information received will be held confidential. Email or call us at 972-517-2666 for additional information or if you have any questions.
Start today! http://www.gameboydev.com or http://www.sandboxstudios.com
- 2000-02-27 - Sunset Entertainment - Posted by: Paul
- Sunset Entertainment, Inc. is hiring!
* Strong, full-time, in-house developer for leading handheld platforms!
* GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, and NeoGeo Pocket Color!
* High-profile license from Disney and Hasbro Interactive!
* Southern California, "Bay Watch" location (1km (0.6mi) to beach).
* Midway between L.A. and San Diego.
* Relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
* Generous project bonuses! (No Hollywood accounting!)
- 2000-12-08 - Thalamus Interactive - Posted by: jobs@FILTER.thalamusinteractiv
- Thalamus Interactive Ltd. is a fresh, dynamic UK digital media company, specialising in a variety of key entertainment areas.
We are currently seeking dedicated freelance programmers and artists to work on a number of hand-held projects for the Game Boy Color.
* Programmers should have exemplary knowledge of the Game Boy Color, ideally with a portfolio of demos, games, or re-useable routines / technology.
* Artists must have unsurpassed 2D drawing and/or animation skills, the ability to work within tile constraints, and a flair for producing top-quality images with limited palettes.
Commercial experience is not essential, but we do look for candidates which fulfill the following criteria:
* Ability to work within the confines of a fixed hardware platform
* Extremely self-motivated
* All-round team player
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work to schedules and under pressure
* Keen videogamers with an eye for what makes a great game
* Level designing skills an advantage
Please send samples of your work, along with salary expectations, to:
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Additionally, we are also on the lookout for finished or part-finished Game Boy Color titles. For further information, please contact the above email address.
- 2000-02-27 - Torus Games - Posted by: Human Resources
- Positions are now available for Gameboy Programmers and Artists in one of Australia's largest development studios, Torus Games. Torus's reputation for high quality titles has earned us a number of new high profile projects.
Torus has worked with many major publishers including GT Interactive, Midway, and T-HQ. Our past projects include Duke Nukem, Beavis & Butthead, Lost World, NBA Showtime and Yoda Stories.
Successful applicants will be highly motivated and must have a passion for the games industry. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment. Strong Gameboy programming or art skills required. Please send samples of your work if possible. Salary negotiable based on experience.
Full time positions available only. For further information check http://www.torus.com.au or e-mail hr@FILTER.torus.com.au
- 2000-02-27 - Tremor Entertainment - Posted by: Bran Kelly
- Tremor Entertainment requires the skills of an experienced and talented Game Boy Color programmer to work on a high-profile title. We are seeking a contractor to fulfill this position with us. Southern California residents only, please. Please contact Bran Kelly at bkelly@FILTER.tremor.net.
- 2000-02-27 - Wizard Development Group - Posted by: Eddie Gill
- Wizard Group require two highly experienced Game Boy programmers. Top remumeration. Contract or Salary, 1.5 year project with option to continue. US or UK based. Please contact Eddie Gill. eddieg@FILTER.wizarddevelopment.com