- 2005-05-25 - GameBoyAdvance Quick Reference Guide rev 3 - Posted by: fluor
- An old, small (but handy) reference guide and technical explanation over the most used graphical registers for the GBA. The guide tells that it is for the already acquainted programmers for fast reference. The author of it told me in an email that a rev 4 is floating around somewhere out on the internet, containing detailed guides on the graphical capabilities of the GBA, and that it is adjusted for beginners to learn from.
- 2001-07-09 - Gamma FAQs - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- In video, computer graphics and image processing, gamma represents a numerical parameter that describes the nonlinearity of intensity reproduction. Having a good understanding of the theory and practice of gamma will enable you to get good results when you create, process and display pictures.
- 2001-03-21 - GBA Dev FAQs - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Info for GBA development. Here's the list of changes to it.
- 2001-05-11 - MBV2 (MultiBoot V2 Cable) FAQs - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Here is a commercial product for US$50 that allows you to test your GBA code (256K bytes or less) on a real GBA using only a cable.
- 2001-04-10 - Graphics Programming Black Book - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- This online book is oriented around PC graphics programming but it may have algorithms that are helpful for GBA dev.
- 2001-04-10 - Sub-Pixel Rendering Theory - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Here's a technique for boosting horizontal resolution 3X for B&W or high-contrast LCD images. Also they offer a FREEWARE windows program to generate high-resolution black & white text. This technique could really be useful for instruction or RPG text to greatly enhance the readability.
- 2001-05-24 - ARM Application Notes - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Fixed Point Arithmetic on the ARM, writing efficient C for ARM, embedded heap management code example, and more documents can be found here.
- 2001-02-24 - ARM/Thumb Reference Sheet - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- You can pick up an ARM THUMB reference sheet now (inspired by Otaku's GB Crib Sheet). It's free, and it should be useful to anyone programming or emulating the Gameboy Advance, or doing imbedded ARM programming with THUMB. It's in PDF format.
- 2001-10-27 - CowBite Virtual Hardware Spec - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- This document began as a scratchpad of notes that was added onto "Agent Q's GBA Spec" as I came across new information and ideas while building the CowBite emulator.
- 2002-06-21 - CowBiteSpec - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Lots of good info about the GBA. Some info on the LZSS bios compression method as well.
- 2001-09-28 - Fl0w's Programming Tricks - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- For ARM SDT C compiler: malloc for C, new and delete for C++
- 2002-04-08 - GBA Hardware Specs - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Look in the Documents/Mappy VM SDK area.
- 2001-07-15 - GCC Inline Assembly Rules of Engagement - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- This page attempts to list a number of rules to follow when using GCC's (Gnu Compiler Collection) extended asm feature. This feature is very powerful when used properly, and very dangerous when used incorrectly. mirror site
- 2001-10-01 - GCC libc & libm Documentation - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Here's documentation for libc & libm that comes with the Arm/Thumb GCC compiler.
- 2001-04-26 - LimaCat's Gba/GCC Howto - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Here's detailed info for setting up GCC for GBA development. Here's similar info from other sources: Ed Mandy's GBA Splash, Matt Tighe's GCC/Visual Studio doc.
- 2001-02-25 - Mixing Assembly & C with GCC - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Here's info for adding assembly code in a .c file or for linking a .s file to a .c file.
- 2001-02-26 - Ramalingam's ARM Docs - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Various ARM docs. Condensed instruction list.
- 2002-02-10 - Agb programming tutorial (C compiler) - Posted by: Bernard Rapp
- Originally in French language, this site has now an English version of its tutorial. He concerns the programming C of the gameboy advance. NewBies will be filled because he start with the beginning of what we must know. Like the different video mode, with small and clear examples . If you are not satisfied, you can contribuat to make this site better.
- 2001-10-27 - Dooby's ARM Code & Tutorial - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Various code snippets and nice asm optimizations.
- 2005-10-07 - Game Programming Crash Course - Posted by: Webbesen
- The tutorial/course take the user through the process of writing a Pong game. It includes: Header files, backgrounds, sprites, collision detection, user input, artificial intelligence and optimization.
In the end, the reader will be able to write a lot of other games (from the lessons learned). Anyone interested in game programming with just a small amount of programming experience will be able to learn a lot from the tutorial.
- 2003-11-13 - GBA C/C++ tutorial - Posted by: NeoGeo
- Translated my tutorial to English, enjoy!!
- 2002-07-02 - Gbajunkie development tutorials - Posted by: Matthew Humphries
- A site dedicated to Gameboy Advance development including a number of tutorials for the beginner, tools and links to other useful documentation.
- 2001-02-26 - HeyRick's ARM Assembly Language Tutorial - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- This originally began as a series of articles on assembler programming in Frobnicate.
- 2002-04-18 - Imperial College ARM Tutorial - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Here is an ARM tutorial that was written for students of Imperial College.
- 2001-10-27 - Mike W's GAS/GCC 3.x ARM Assembler Info - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- A nice assembler tutorial by Mike Wynn.
- 2001-08-12 - Soup Kitchen - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- A ten-part series on ARM programming by Matt B.
- 2002-02-07 - The PERN Project - Posted by: Jeff Frohwein
- Many, many, good documents & source code can be found here.